Sunday, February 17, 2013

Easy Applesauce Recipe

One thing that I LOVE doing, is making all of Karson's baby food. Not only is it healthy, and WAY cheaper, it's SO easy!!! Since he has graduated to small bite size foods, I no longer get to make baby food, except his applesauce;)

I make a big batch, so I start out with 10-12 apples. I buy all different varieties to make it taste better.
I also freeze individual servings in an ice cube tray that you can pick up for cheap at any grocery store, that way it doesn't go bad, and we can pop a couple cubes right out of the freezer.

You need a peeler, apple core remover, cinnamon (optional), lemon juice, and a crockpot.


Cut and core all the apples, throw them into the crockpot, add cinnamon, and a little bit of lemon juice.




Cook on low for 6-8 hours, no water needed, stirring occasionally. Yep, its that easy!! Makes the house smell wonderful as well. This recipe is one of my husband and son's favorite;)

ENJOY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment