Saturday, May 18, 2013

It's Race Day!!!!

Today marks the 2nd year of the Joplin Memorial Race, and my 2nd year to participate, but this year, I will be running the half marathon. It sounds simple and grand, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that in less than a few hours, I will be attempting 13.1 miles, and my goal is to run it all. 

Last year, today, next year, and many more after that, I will still have the same reason I am running this race. I am running to honor all the victims that were killed, survived, and who are still picking up the pieces from the tornado 2 years ago. I am specifically running in honor of Lantz Hare, who lost his life that day. 

Last night my husband, Karson, and I went to dinner. I was especially excited about this meal, because the meal before race day is the most important to "carb up." Those who know me, know I eat pretty healthy for the most part, so give me those carbs! We sat down, and I stopped and listened with a smile on my face. At Lantz's funeral, they had a beautiful slide show of his life. A song in particular that stood out to me was now playing at this restaurant. I have NOT heard this song one time since that day. I thought, how ironic that we just got done driving the route I am taking, looking at the specific flag with his name on it, going to dinner to pre-celebrate, and there was this song. Needless to say, I shazamed it, and now have it on my iPod play list. I will proudly run with my Lantz tshirt on, Lisztomania playing on my iPod, and smile on my face. 


Lets do this!! Team Lantz!

No comments:

Post a Comment