Friday, March 29, 2013

It's just a test...

We serve an AMAZING, loving, forgiving, providing God. He has helped us in SO many ways these past few weeks, I want to take the time to share.
  A few weeks ago, Jamie found out that he was part of a cut back at work.  For those of you who believe our economy is on the mends, please take another look.  Instead of getting upset, crying, and feeling sorry for ourselves, I fell to my knees, and I prayed. I prayed that God help us get through this financially, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  I prayed that HE lead us in the direction HE wants us to go, not the direction we want to go.  
  We talked about it and felt we should keep this private, between us and our parents of course, while he looked for another job.  Being a man, he felt like he let his family down, but in reality, I saw a man that would do anything to provide for his family.  He did odd jobs to make money, and worked over time in the home.  I began getting busier at work, previously things had slowed down for most everyone in my industry.  We cut things out of our budget but couldn't cut too much, because we already live within a budget. Life threw us a curve ball, but we took one day at a time. We had our health, our family, so what more could we possibly want.  We have a lot of friends going through more difficult times because of their health, a family members health, or their own child.  Thinking of what they must be going through, I thought how selfish of me to worry about financies when others are praying for a healthy life.
I continued to pray, specifically prayed for what direction The Lord wanted us to go.



This quote fit our situation...

He got a call for an interview with a company that he interviewed with a few years ago. It's a VERY good company with all the bells and whistles. My negative side thought, "it's too good to be true, he won't get it," BUT with tons of support from family and friends, I stayed positive. Two weeks of interviews, route runs, tests, waiting for references to fill out questions, waiting with stomach in knots...
HE GOT THE JOB!! 
I felt as though we needed to share our story, to show that God does work in our lives. He provided us with ALL our needs when we didn't think we could. He taught us patience (my biggest flaw). I decided that moment, four weeks ago, I would take a different approach to how I would handle the situation.  I'm glad I asked God to help us, because He kept our spirits high.
Thank you to our family and friends that we did tell, that supported us emotionally through this process.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

I am a VERY proud wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment